Yay! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award=)
A big thank you to the amazing Amaka Paul for nominating me! It’s an honor=)
Answers to Amaka’s questions:
1. What brings you the most joy?
2. What is your favorite quote?
Imagination rules the world. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
3. Do you have a role model/who?
Stephen Hawking. The sheer determination and willpower he possesses, both of which have kept him going despite the numerous obstacles he’d faced in the past are astonishing.
4. Where do you get inspiration for your writing?
Everywhere. Mostly from interacting with interesting people, admiring amazing landscapes, thinking about philosophical things, pondering the essence of time and infinity… The latter often leads to existential crises but those inspire me too, in some way.
5. How do you deal with writers block?
I try to find inspiration in unusual places. When I was stuck with a fantasy novel, the plot of which was going nowhere, I forced myself to reorganize the plotline completely… By reading my physics textbook. There, I found some cool theoretical physics ideas that tied nicely with my fantasy world’s magic system, and right now, it’s progressing quite nicely.
6. What is your biggest fear?
Losing the people I love.
7. What’s your favorite hobby?
I like painting/drawing and photography.
8. What is your best childhood memory?
Spending a couple of weeks exploring London with my family. Great country, lots of interesting places, my parents not distracted by work and my brother always accompanying me made it an unforgettable experience.
9. What’s your favorite book?
Oh my God, this is too hard. I can’t… 😀
Well, one of my favorite books is Nine Princes In Amber by Roger Zelazny. It was the first Zelazny book I’ve ever read and it changed my view of the fantasy genre completely.
10. What would you change about yourself if you could?
I would take my procrastination, kill it with fire, spread the ashes into outer space so I could devote more of my time to writing/studying/doing-something-useful-with-my-only-lifetime instead of wasting it.
Ten random facts about me:
- I have a naughty and capricious cat called Monica.
- I love instrumental music.
- I really, really want to go to Sweden.
- I live in a small town.
- I have terrible face memory.
- I’m terrified of dogs.
- I’m an Orthodox Christian.
- I used to live in Mongolia.
- My favorite play is Hamlet.
- I like reading about theoretical physics.
The awesome bloggers I nominate:
Ten questions for my nominees:
- If you had a magical ability, what would it be and what would you use it for?
- Are you more of an idealist or materialist?
- What country would you like to visit the most?
- Who do you think is the most influential person in history?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- What do you value most in life?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Which book influenced you the most?
- If death were a physical being and it suddenly appeared in front of you for a quick chat, what would you say to it?
- Do you believe in an afterlife?
- Post the award on your blog
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions assigned to you
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions to your nominees
It was great participating in this challenge. Congratulations to my nominees, and I look forward to seeing your answers=)
Till next time!